Saturday, July 14, 2007

Someday We're (Both) Bound To Find Stronger Suits


Stronger Suits, originally uploaded by reasonenoughtocelebrate.


Me: I'm warning you though, I'm bringing a camera.
Annalisa: DO I GET TO BE ON YOUR BLOG?!

There is nothing like an old AIDA friend being in town to make my night sparkle like the lights on a Broadway stage! Haha... And Annalisa being in town tonight was definitely worthy of a standing ovation... or at least a dance-party at Margarita Mama's!

I met Annalisa and her friend Kevin at my last Broadway performance of AIDA back in 2004. It was the same summer trip that Jess, Marijke and I had snuck up to NYC to visit Jill while my mom thought I was at some farm in Illinois visiting Jess' family. Really, it was just a big plot to meet Nathan, after talking online for over two years. Plus, I got to see Deborah Cox and Adam Pascal in AIDA... which was beyond phenomenal.

I spent a lot of time talking to Kevin while Nathan and I waited for rush tickets early that morning before the show. I can still remember his first mention of Annalisa -- his friend who was still back at the hotel sleeping. When he heard how much I loved Adam Pascal, he laughed even then -- saying how much we'd probably get along. I later met her during the show, since she and Kevin were sitting in the rush seats near me. I also spent some time with her at intermission, before we parted ways.

Once we got back home, we connected online and have been reading each others blogs ever since. I honestly can't wait for the day I live in the same city as this girl -- because she is just a ridiculously joyful person to be around. And she does a MEAN Britney Spears "I'm a Slave For You" dance, let me tell you.

When I found out she was coming to Pittsburgh for the weekend to work on a commercial contest, I could NOT stop smiling. She had a bunch of friends with her who we spent the night dancing with as well -- all of who LaLa (who went with me) and I adored. Annalisa was right though -- her friends are great!

I only wish she had been here longer.

Well, at least long enough to teach me her moves.

2 comments:

annalisa said...

yo, there is more dance moves where that came from.... we all can thank darren's dance grooves!

annalisa said...

correction... "there are". this is why i should never be in graduate school...