Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Fantastic.


Fantastic., originally uploaded by reasonenoughtocelebrate.

So, I hadn't really mentioned in here that ever since spring break I've had really sharp pains under my right rib every so often... especially at night. One night it was so bad I even woke up my parents because I was crying from the pain and couldn't stop myself from throwing up.

Finally, after getting the pains again in West Virginia, I went to the doctor (last Tuesday), who sent me to get an ultrasound (last Thurday), who sent me to a surgeon (today.)

Surgeon: Wait, your doctor didn't tell you about your results yet?
Me: ....No.
Surgeon: Uhhh... (grabs folder and results really quick.) To directly quote, 'Gallbladder is almost COMPLETELY filled with gallstones. Must be removed immediately.' So we need to do this soon. (pauses) I can't BELIEVE no one's told you yet! Thats just crazy! I also don't see how you didn't come in sooner.

So yeah. August 14th. I get to have my first surgery when I have my gallbladder removed. You know, nothing like your body falling apart WEEKS before you lose your parents' insurance coverage!

No comments: