Monday, August 20, 2007

Some Things in Life Cannot Be Staged


You know, sometimes I get really excited about blog photos.

I semi-plan them out as things are happening. I yell, "OHMYGODBLOGPHOTO!" really loudly. I take pictures friends and family really don't want me to take - because sometimes we happen to be in public when I want to take them. You know, I love my blog. But I think -sometimes- I embarrass my friends with it.

Tonight on my first BIG NIGHT OUT to Eat N Park with LaLa after the big gallbladder surgery, I am pumped. I'm going to a place to EAT. I'm going to sit with a FRIEND thats not RELATED to me in public. It was just going to be great!

Soooo... We have a lovely dinner. And then it was time for dessert... the Eat N Park Summer Special Hershey's Kissables Sundae. I tried to get it TWO WEEKS AGO, but they were out of kissables and I couldn't. Ever since, I've YEARRRRRRNED for that kissable sundae. Dreamed of it. Tasted it in my sleep. I think I mumbled "kissables" during my surgery... though I'm not sure.

And of course, when I got it tonight, I thought it would be the highlight of the evening. The way to document the day. A picture of me FINALLY with the sundae that matches whats on the menu. A picture of me thumbs-upping the sundae! ...THUMBS-UPPING LIFE!

Here I am world! I'm back! I'm at Eat N Park! I put on MAKEUP!

But just as my dreams of a perfect blog photo begin to fabricate, I go to make a phone call. Just as I reach for the phone, I happen to knock over the first full glass of water I've had since the beginning of our meal... and let's just say that was a long, long, LONG time ago.

This full glass of water tips and empties itself all over me.

Ice. cold. Eat N Park water.
All over my thin, cotton, capris.

LaLa is laughing.
The waitress is laughing.
The people a booth over are laughing.

I am so soaked and so dumbfounded that before I know it - we're at NetNet's shop down the street showing her how RIDICULOUS I look. Then she makes me take off my pants and put on a robe while she dries my soaked capris in the dryer.

And all of a sudden... I have another photo to document my day.

Because I no longer remember the taste of the sundae.