Sunday, August 26, 2007

Worth Every Cent of Gas

After church with Cousin Holly this morning, I drove down to West Virginia to help my aunt "shuck corn" and bag it, so we could freeze it to have during the winter.

It took a few hours to make all of it, but it was well worth the effort since it tasted so good. I know I'll be happy I put in the time come winter.

BUT an added bonus to driving down to West Virginia is of course, my babies.

Tonight my aunt, cousin Amy and I took Quinton, Baby Laken and Baby Liam down to their friends' pool again to go swimming. It's always so much fun to swim with the kids... and its so good to see their friends, Phyllis and Harvey with them.

Kelli and her boyfriend Matt brought Gage over a little later. He came "galloping" into the pool area to see what was going on. Then he looked up and saw me, squealed "Cuz Kah-wee!" and ran over to give me a high-five and a kiss.

That moment alone was worth every single cent of gas I paid to get down there.

I was going to back to PA that night, but ended up sleeping over instead.

I'm telling you - those kids have stolen my heart.

No comments: