Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Enjoying Here & Now

So today was Tuesday - which used to be my least favorite day of the week. But you know, when you don't have a job (and therefore, a week of days to dictate your mood,) what does it matter? It was just another day, really, I guess.

But if you are wondering how I'm doing, I have pretty much two answers I could give you. It probably depends on which answer you'd most prefer - as Ellen so brilliantly points out in the DVD I watched last night with the owner of the aforementioned sweatshirt.

Ellen: [about talking vs. communication] Even when we say, "How are you?" we don't mean, "How are you?" - we don't care. Just give us a "fine" or a "good" - a one syllyble answer and move along. And don't even say "pretty good". That's a follow-up question: "Pretty good? ....Something happen?... I don"t... have... time to..." (sigh)

So... if you want a quick answer as to the status of my life... the answer is fine/good. If you want a more detailed description - then yes, my life right now... feels pretty, pretty good.

Mainly because of a particular sweatshirt & its owner.

1 comment: