Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cuddles To Last


Cuddles To Last, originally uploaded by reasonenoughtocelebrate.

I did NOT want to put Gage Michael down this morning.

Kelli even gave me some more time and let herself be a few minutes late for work so I could get some extra time in with him. I think she understands how sad I am to say goodbye each time. It's not like I hide it well.

But there we were again - at the door. He cuddled his face into my neck, before I finally told him he had to go to Hope's, his babysitter.

"Cuz Kahwee, you go to Hopey's too," he asked.
"No I can't. I have to go home," I told him. "Give me a kiss."

Then he did his infamous Gage Michael "MWAH!" kiss, complete with sound effect, before I handed him back over to Kelli. Then, like a stereotypical and somewhat pathetic movie, I watched them drive away before I dragged my feet around the apartment, collecting my things to put back into my duffel bag.

And before I knew it, I was back in Pennsylvania.

No comments: