Monday, November 5, 2007

New Places, Friendly (Known) Faces

Today, I started my training downtown for bank telling.

I was ridiculously nervous. I didn't sleep well last night, woke up way too early this morning, got to the T station far to soon, caught an earlier trolley... and ended up downtown (what I thought) was 45 minutes before I was to start.

Then I realized my paper said 8:30 instead of 8 a.m.

Which meant I had an hour and 15 minutes to kill.

But other than that... the day was okay. We only stayed til 2:45 instead of 5, which was good. It was a little overwhelming to be starting at so much paperwork for 6 hours, so I was happy to leave, despite the missed hours of pay.

You know, already I think I'm torn between loving it and hating the job. I think the "loving it" comes from the fact that I haven't worked in three months and if I sit still for another moment longer I may just explode. But its hard to sit there and realize you aren't utilizing the degree and tools you've worked so hard to obtain....

Speaking of sitting, I felt like I was going to have a "first day of school, who am I going to sit with at lunch" moment. But luckily, I randomly text messaged my old coworker and friend Jess (who I havent seen in two years!)... and not only does she work downtown - but she works for the same bank I work for! So she met me for lunch!! And she's planning on meeting me for lunch for the rest of my training...

So not only do I not have to worry about feeling like a loser all week, I actually have something to look forward to each day -- reconnecting with an old friend. :)

1 comment:

annalisa said...

You know, already I think I'm torn between loving it and hating the job. I think the "loving it" comes from the fact that I haven't worked in three months and if I sit still for another moment longer I may just explode. But its hard to sit there and realize you aren't utilizing the degree and tools you've worked so hard to obtain....


i was going to write a journal entry about this, but you summed it up to a t.