Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Goodbye, Friend



Yesterday, I got to say hello again to Jonathan after not seeing him for a decade.
Today, I had to say goodbye to another friend.

After running around all day - to lunch with Jamie, an interview at a restaurant (third job needed asap!) and a meeting with Qasim to discuss progress on my second job, I had to say goodbye to Regina...

Who is moving to Massachusetts tomorrow. For at least a year.
Another Mon Valley friend, leaving me behind.

I'm happy for her - so happy - and nervous at the same time. I know how hard it was at first for me to move to Arizona and start all over, and I even had Kristen with me. I know Regina's nervous too, but I think this is a change she needed, even more than I do right now. My time has not yet come to leave, but hers has... and it was hard to say goodbye, although I know it's hardly the last time I'll see her. I just feel like I've already said too many goodbyes this week.

I kind of wish I could have been packed up with her other belongings and taken with her tomorrow. I'm extremely envious of the journey she's making... and proud of her for being ready to go.

I need to get my act together.

1 comment:

annalisa said...

just keep swimming because someday you're bound to find a stronger suit...

and by finding a stronger suit, i mean moving in with me... just saying...