Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pittsburgh to West Virignia



So after the longest day to end all days, we headed down to West Virginia so I could introduce Anna & Rob to my favorite babies in the whole world, plus hang out with G-Love (aka my Aunt Greta.)

Oh and you know. Eat at Cheddar's. Which is a long-running joke between Anna and myself, since I've been eating there quite often when I'm down in Morgantown and she's always wanted to ever since we became obsessed with Arnie's blogs (Breakup, Working, Comedy.) However, it was perhaps the WORST visit to Cheddar's I've ever had so that was disappointing. Still though... it was an experience to say the least. And I got to experience it with ABL <3

After lunch, we spent the afternoon with Baby Gage, Baby Laken, Baby Liam, Quinton, my cousins Amy & Kelli and G-Love. Amy's husband Jarion also stopped by, as did Kelli's fiance, Matt, so Anna & Rob got to meet the whole hillbilly crew. I had also bought a cupcake pan that formed cupcakes into the shape of little cars, so we baked cupcakes and decorated them with the kids. Even though Quinton was probably the only one old enough to REALLY participate, Gage & Laken had a ton of fun too. Gage even said, "Thank you for the pah-tee" when we were done! Ha! Oh and Laken was naked by the end, so I guess that means he had a good time too. I think.

Eventually we all piled into separate cars and headed down for dinner at this Mexican restaurant I really like in Saberton called Rio Grande, before Anna, Rob and I drove back to PA. I'm really glad we made the trip down, 1) so Rob could cross WV off his list of "States He's Visited" and 2) So Anna could finally see why I'm so addicted to those kids and my time down there.

The rest of the night though was spent sort of just sitting around talking, playing online and watching TV because we were too tired to do anything else... but we still weren't ready to go to bed. I finally had to cave in though... because even though they were leaving in the morning, I had to be up early for work.

Luckily, it was a good kind of tired. And I'm so glad Anna & Rob made the trip to see me... but next time, it's my turn to visit them ;) Which would DEFINITELY be okay with me since Chicago is 1,000 times better than Pittsburgh.

If you wanted to view more photos from the amazing weekend, click here.

2 comments:

Anna Apocalypse said...

I don't know who I miss more, you or G-LOVE!!







...okay, fine, it's you, I suppose. Hahaha ;)

Unknown said...

such an awesome road trip. looking forward to showing you around chicago when you visit us!