Sunday, July 29, 2007

Birthday Cake... for No One

This morning within ten minutes of getting back from church, I decided to go on a quick day trip with my parents back down to West Virginia to see the babies. Yes, I really I was just there on Monday. But I can't tell you how attached I'm getting to Gage, Laken and Liam this summer. Plus, I figured if I keep seeing them often enough they'll keep remembering me.

It was so nice too because while we were there, Quinton came home as well! He usually spends all his summer up in Erie with his dad, but he took a two week vacation out west with his other grandparents. He just got back this afternoon and if heading back up to Erie tomorrow, so it was nice to catch him. He made sure to tell us how big the Grand Canyon was too.

My aunt made lunch for all of us... which included a large birthday cake. We all gathered around the kitchen with the kids and my mom started singing "Happy Birthday" with everyone joining in.

...Only, it wasn't anyone's birthday.

You should have seen the faces of the kids when we sang, "Happy Birthday Quinton, Gage, Laken and LIAAAAAAAAM.... Happy Birthday to you!"

You'd have thought it really WAS their birthdays.

Though out of the four of them, Laken seemed to enjoy his cake the most - haha!

Edit -- An Email I had from Kelli, Gage's mom, when I got home:
I know we said you had to visit once a month - and that will do - but once a week is better. We love having you too! That is a really sweet picture. Maybe next time you can snap some of Gage and I like that and do the black & white thing. Talk to ya soon!

P.S. We love having you close by, I hope you don't go to NY for a while.

Love,
KJ

No comments: