Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Cousin Kari AND Fireworks?!


Worth It, originally uploaded by reasonenoughtocelebrate.

After working all day, I hopped in the car and headed down to West Virginia.

It's where one of my aunts and two of my cousins live. But more importantly it is also the home of Quinton, Laken, Liam and Gage. Sadly, Quinton wasn't around because he spends summers with his dad up in Erie.. but everyone under the age of two and a half was present! (Laken and Liam are Quin's brothers, Gage is Quin's cousin.)

First, I met up with my family in Morgantown since everyone was watching the parade. Then we got ice cream at Coldstone before heading to the top of the police station to watch fireworks from the roof. (Morgantown was holding their events on tonight instead of tomorrow, since most people have to get up early for work on Thursday.)

The fireworks looked like any other fireworks I've ever seen, but I spent more time watching the faces of Laken and Gage than I did anything else anyway. Laken kept pointing at the "big pool" (the sky) and saying "Boom!" (fireworks!) Little Liam wasn't too impressed though.. he slept through the entire thing!

By the time we got back to my cousin Amy's house, got Laken and Liam bathed, fed and put to sleep... I was ready to crash since I'd been awake for almost 20 hours.

But nothing could have been more worth my heavy eyelids than seeing Liam's new teeth, peeking out at me every time he smiled.

I (personally) think he remembers that I'm his favorite cousin, even at 10 months old. He should though -- especially since we share the same birthday. =)

No comments: