Friday, July 20, 2007

Ladies Who Lunch


Ladies Who Lunch, originally uploaded by reasonenoughtocelebrate.

Today was the first day of my five-day weekend.
Oh yes. Be jealous. I have Friday-Tuesday off.

I took my Grandma out to lunch today down at the Waterfront. We ended up eating at Uno, which I love and where she had never been. We were able to get seating outside too, facing the Monongahela River. It was such a nice day to sit outside... much nicer than inside a slightly-too-cold office. I always hope days off will be as beautiful as today was. Usually it rains instead.

After lunch, we stopped at both of my former Old Navys -- the one at the Waterfront and the one at Century III. It was nice to see old coworkers and pick up a couple things (including 20% off Friends & Family cards! Yes!) But it was also just a really, really nice day with Grandma.

I was planning on heading down to West Virginia tonight, but since I was gone so long with my Grandma and didn't get around to packing until later tonight, I figured I'd just head down early tomorrow morning. I am probably going to stay down there until late Monday or early Tuesday morning getting my baby fix... I can't wait to see Gage, Laken and Liam again.

Besides, my parents got back tonight from Ocean City and I wanted to see what they brought me... errr.... ASK them about their trip since I hadn't really talked to them in five days.

(And in case you were wondering, the answers are:
A t-shirt, a necklace, a box of taffy for my coworkers, and 'Great!')

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm welcoming myself to your blog. It's appropriate, being I just served the very meal your grandma is eating this evening top my customers :) I recognize those dishes and that bread anywhere. In other news, I hate my job.

But your blog is lovely, and I hearted the Aida/Annalisa/Kev entry.

xo!