Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ready to Roll


Ready to Roll, originally uploaded by reasonenoughtocelebrate.

I knew from the minute I pulled into my aunt's driveway in West Virginia that taking these next few days off to spend more time with my cousins and their kids would be well worth it.

We spent the afternoon watching Gage (left) and Laken (right), side-by-side, drive all over my aunt's property in their little motorized John Deere. They just love that thing and it is simply hilarious to watch them go.

Half the time, they got stuck in the ditch at the edge of my aunt's property, only to yell, "Help! Help!" as they looked back to see if one of us would come get them out. They'd run into trees and into other toys, get stuck, and just be dumb-founded as to why they couldn't move anymore.

Sometimes Gage would get out and hold onto the back -- almost as if he was pushing. I could probably watch them for hours just running that thing back and forth across the lawn.

At one point, while I was taking pictures, I jumped in front of them and pretended they were going to run me over. That's when I snapped this photo -- and you can almost see the delight twinkling in their eyes as they were about to run me over.

No comments: