Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Swim, Swim, Swim"

After shopping all day, my cousins and I took all three kids over to their friend's house so we could go swimming that evening. Their friends have a huge in-ground swimming pool that the babies just love, so it was fun to see them play.

I spent a lot of time with Gage on the steps watching him hop/pull/swim his way back and forth from one side to the other. He let me take him out into the deeper water some, but not without clinging to my neck for dear life. Its so nice to feel a child's trust like that. It's also cute to watch him hop back and forth across the steps saying, "Swim, swim, swim" over and over again.

Gage also started calling me "Cuz Kah-wee" as well today, out of nowhere. Its not like we had been trying to get him to say my name either. I was just putting him the car seat and all of a sudden he starts going, "Oh God. Oh God. Oh God, Cuz Kah-wee. Oh God."

Every time he'd say it - it would just put the biggest smile on my face.

That night, I slept over at Kelli & Gage's apartment rather than Amy's house. I spent a lot of time playing with him, taking picture and getting him to make funny faces with me in the mirror. You know, I love those quiet moments with him, which really don't make for good blog entries, but make for heartwarming memories.

Something about that boy just gets to me.

No comments: