Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday to My Reason

Today, A-Men turned 22.

Happy Birthday to one of the few reasons I have left to celebrate here in the Valley. I don't know what I'd do without him and I realize that every single time I'm with him. He really is my greatest escape... my most fulfilling release. My confidant. My friend.

He's the one I need the most right now, even if he doesn't realize it.

Tomorrow is October 1st.
The deadline.

I have failed myself.
Which is hard, because I'm my own worst critic.

2 comments:

The Pioneer Queer said...

I love you Kari!!! I wish that I were a better and poetic writer like you...unfortunately my sloppy edicate is all that you get!! Thank you again for saying such kind and sweet things about me.
And for the record, I don't see missing the deadline as a failure. You needed to stay here for me! I am glad you are still here! Love you!!

annalisa said...

you haven't failed. you just have to just keep swimming.
good things come to those who wait.