Friday, January 4, 2008

Contemporary Experience



La's Birthday: Part Two!

La and I ate lunch at August Henry's downtown, then headed to the Mattress Factory, a contemporary art museum on the North Side. I've been there once before (senior skip day 2003!) but never with La.

Needless to say, we ignored the "no photographs" sign. Some of the exhibits were just too tempting...

One of the exhibits was this pitch black room you found as you worked your way up a ramp. You were supposed to sit in there for 15 minutes, allow your eyes to adjust to the darkness before you could fully "experience/see" the piece. A guy and a girl who were already in there, called out a warning to us so we wouldn't be scared when we bumped into someone in the dark.

After standing there in the dark for several minutes, it became harder and harder not to laugh or say something due to the deafening silence. I am starting to think I'm even funnier in the dark.

Guy I Can't See: Ohhh, I am finally starting to see the outline of you guys.
Me: And how ATTRACTIVE we are at that!
Guy, Girl, La: HAHAHAHA!

By the way, I never really saw anything in the darkness.

No comments: