Saturday, January 26, 2008

Two Words: Spider-Man Bedsheets



I don't know what I enjoyed more tonight:

Juno, fries from the O, or my time with Matt Adams.*
(Don't tell Matt, but it MIGHT have been the fries from the O.)

There was also our extremely exciting trip to Red Robin as well... but that was slightly tarnished by being embarrassed on our way in. I knew I should have put Matt's name down instead of mine.

(Matt & Kari, chatting away against the wall as we wait for a table.)
Sassy Hostess: Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrri. KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRI! Kaaaaaaaari. Kari. KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARI. Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrri.
Me: ...Are they calling my name?
Matt: (pause) ...Yeah, I think so?
(We walk towards front of waiting area.)
Me: Sorry - didn't realize you were calling my name - didn't hear it.
Sassy Hostess: Yeah - Uh-huh - There's one time we called someones name fo' half an hour. HALF AN HOUR! And they's were sitting right there... I wanted to say, "Whatcha all been doin' over there - sleepin?"
Me: Um. Yeah. Ha? (awkward silence)

Though that's not half as awkward as the silence that followed after Matt told me he had Spider-Man bedsheets. Yes, he's 23 too.

Matt: I live at my parents and I have Spider-Man bedsheets - I don't know WHY I'm single!?

All joking aside (Spider-Man bedsheets? Really? REALLY!) I had a kick ass time with Mattie A again... and I didn't even have to consume alcohol or hang out with his grandparents to do so. Even though he did ask me if I'd start making out with the person next to me if I was in a plane that was about to crash... but that's another story for another day.

*Matt Adams should be featured in this blog way more often.
Because he's way more fun than I remember.

No comments: