Monday, July 9, 2007

Trail of Memories


Trail of Memories, originally uploaded by reasonenoughtocelebrate.


Today, my 400+ photos from the last half of my semester in Arizona arrived.

Putting them in chronological order required some assistance. Luckily, Anna is so infatuated with me and my social life that she was able to recall pretty much the last months of my life in Tucson in perfect order.

Anna: Oh THAT night you had with Elisa was the same weekend I was at Coachella. ((pause)) It's sick that I know the order of events of your life that I wasn't even a part of.

I ended up sitting in my room for hours, listening/singing along to Kelly Clarkson and feeling sad/pathetic as I pieced together the photo documentation. As I worked, I began flipping through my phone and calling Arizona friends I haven't talked to as much since I've moved back here.

I got a lot of voicemails.

So I went back to what I had left --- photographs of moments too far away to relive, but too hard to let go just yet. But I miss being in those photographs.

Foolish one with the smile, you don’t have to be brave;
I’ll gladly climb your walls if you’ll meet me halfway.
~Kelly Clarkson

1 comment:

Anna Apocalypse said...

I'm either your soulmate or your stalker, I'm not really sure which one.